Discs within the spinal column can become herniated after a significant accident or even with the general aging process. This occurs when the cushion-like layer between the discs becomes dislodged or ruptured, causing undue friction. The severity of pain can differ from case to case, but ultimately the condition causes decreased mobility and flexibility.
There are many painful symptoms linked to disc herniation or disc bulges:
- Sharp Pain in the Neck or Back
- Leg Pain or Sciatica
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Numbness and Tingling in Arms or Legs
- Difficulty Standing / Pain When Standing
- Feelings of Pressure in Back or Neck
At Scott Medical Center, we provide the most advanced non-invasive procedures for treating herniated or bulging discs.
Here are a few of our Advanced Therapies:
- Physical Rehabilitation / Physical Medicine
- Trigger Point Injections (Non-Steroidal)
- PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
The first step in treating your disc herniation is scheduling an initial consultation and evaluation with one of our providers. After an initial diagnostic assessment to evaluate the extent of your injury, they will design a custom treatment program to help resolve your condition. Our treatments are safe and non-invasive and are designed to get you back to your normal activity level as soon as possible.